Finding the Sacraments in Leuven (a non-exhaustive list)
Many of those involved in the Newman Society attend Mass with St. Kwinten’s Anglophone community; we also try to attend the Thursday Masses offered there by our Chaplain.
Some Sunday Masses
- 9:00 AM in English at Sint Kwinten (followed by hospitality); also 11:00 AM in Dutch at Sint Kwinten.
- 10:00 AM & 17:00 in Dutch at Sint Pieter (Grote Markt).
- 10:00 AM in Ukrainian at the Protection of the Theotokos Greek-Catholic Chapel (Halfmaartstraat 15); preceded by Great Matins at 9:00.
Some Weekday Masses & Vespers
- 9:00 Mass in Dutch at Sint Pieter.
- 18:00 Mass Monday-Friday in English at Sint Kwinten. On Tuesdays, Mass is followed by Adoration (with the opportunity for Confession). On Thursdays, some Newmaners help with the singing, and the Mass is offered by our chaplain.
- 18:00 Divine Liturgy in the Byzantine Rite at the Ukrainian Theotokos Chapel (Halfmaartstraat 15). In English on Tuesdays; in Ukrainian other days. Vespers at same time on Saturdays, unless otherwise announced.
- Gregorian (Latin) Vespers with the Benedictines at Abdij Keizersberg (Mechelsestraat 202): 18:00 Monday-Friday, and 17:00 on Saturdays (followed by the Sunday Vigil Mass at 18:00).
- 11:00-13:00 every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday in Sint Pieter. Confessions heard in Dutch, English, French, Italian all three days; also in Spanish on Friday & Saturday and in German on Tuesday.
- 18:30-19:30 every Tuesday during Adoration at Sint Kwinten.
- From 8:30 until the start of the 9:00 Sunday Mass at Sint Kwinten.
- On the first Saturday and the first Sunday of every month, from 18:00-19:00, there is a Holy Hour of Adoration in the chapel of the American College (Naamsestraat 100). The hour concludes with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and Vespers in English.
- For Mass times & Sacraments at Leuven’s many other churches, consult the site of the Deanery of Leuven.